Scripps Networks Interactive's Mike Donovan, ATCi's Gary Hatch and Inmarsat's Ruy Pinto also elected to SSPI Board; Ed Giovannini of Ericsson named Treasurer
New York City, March 18, 2016 – The Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) today announced the appointment of Bryan McGuirk, COO of ViviSat, as the new Chairman, and Dawn Harms, Vice President of Business Development, Boeing Satellite Systems International, as President of its Board of Directors. Their one-year terms began on March 10.
SSPI also announced the election by the membership of three new directors. Mike Donovan, Senior Vice President, International Operations & Distribution Technologies, Scripps Networks Interactive, Gary Hatch, CEO, ATCi and Ruy Pinto, Group Chief Operations Officer, Inmarsat, were elected to serve three-year terms beginning March 10. Ed Giovannini, Vice President, Media Sales, Ericsson, has been appointed Treasurer, replacing Dawn Harms.
SSPI’s Board of Directors represents a cross-section of the commercial satellite business, from manufacturing to launch to services. The SSPI Board of Directors are:
- Bryan McGuirk, COO, ViviSat (Chairman)
- Dawn Harms, Vice President of Business Development, Boeing Satellite Systems International (President)
- Ed Giovannini, Vice President, Media Sales, Ericsson (Treasurer)
- Tony Rayner, Chief Operating Officer, Eutelsat America (Secretary)
- Mike Donovan, Senior Vice President, International Operations & Distribution Technologies, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Christine Erhenbard, Director, Broadcast Distribution, CBS
- Gary Hatch, CEO, ATCi
- David Kagan, President & COO, Globalstar
- David Myers, President & CEO, Datapath
- Ruy Pinto, Group Chief Operations Officer, Inmarsat
- Dave Rehbehn, Senior Marketing Director, Hughes Network Systems
- Kurt Riegelman, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Intelsat
- Thomas Van den Driessche, Chief Commercial Officer, Newtec
- Ric VanderMeulen, Vice President and General manager, Government Satcom, ViaSat
- Bill Weller, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Space Systems/Loral
- Alan Young, Chief Technology Officer, Encompass Digital Media
- Elias Zaccack, Senior Vice-President, Commercial, Americas, SES
John Hane of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman serves as General Council.
Founded in 1983, the Society of Satellite Professionals International (www.sspi.org) is on a mission to make the satellite industry one of the world’s best at attracting and engaging the talent that powers innovation. With more than 4,000 members in +40 nations, it is the largest satellite industry association in the world. It delivers on its mission through a portfolio of programs:
- Next Generation – Staging competitions and sharing information with university students to excite them about careers in satellite.
- Leaders Quest – Identifying and honoring present and future leaders as models for the industry to follow.
- New Century Workforce – Conducting the annual workforce study and engaging satellite company executives in improving industry practices.
- Better Satellite World – Promoting the immense contributions of satellite to commerce, education, communication and human welfare.
For More Information
Society of Satellite Professionals International